Approach in design and course work
Our approach and design principle is to ensure players of all levels a gratifying playing experience on a ecologically and commercially sustainable golf course.
Phases in designing a golf course
Conceptual design analysis
- Site analysis of the property
- Consideration of possibilities and issues
- Local and regional permissions, licenses
- Type of soil, underground, surrounding
Result: Providing a conceptual plan and defining requirements to succeed.
- Different proposals for course setup and positioning of the related buildings
- Choices regarding design features and identity of the course
Result: General layout of course setup and identity characteristics
- Description of the golf course design plan, preferred layout and identity characteristics
- List with requirements and aspirations
Result: A document that will be helpful for external use regarding necessary procedures for permission and licenses and other negotiations.
Final golf course design
- Entire plan including specifications and detailed drawings which are necessary to illustrate the course layout, design features and construction methods required in order to complete the course.
- Plan documents include in general strategy, clearing plan (if necessary), cut and fill plan, general routing and contour, bunker plan.
Result: Drawings and plans ready to start construction
Supervision during construction on quality and design
- First hand on-the-ground design services
- On site supervision and advice of Alan Rijks
For more information download the brochure or contact Alan Rijks.
Alan Rijks designs new courses and renovates existing courses.